Elle’s 7th Annual “Women in Washington” celebration was held on March 22, 2017, at Fiola Mare, an elite Italian restaurant nestled by the water in Washington Harbor. The event was co-hosted by Bottega Veneta, an Italian design company most known for its luxurious handbags as well as men’s and women’s ready-to-wear fashion. Elle’s Editor-in-Chief, Robbie Myers and Maria Trabocchi, co-owner of Fiola Mare welcomed guests from across D.C.’s diverse power landscape. The event aims to not only showcase the power female leaders in Washington but also promote networking and support across industries and careers.
The event celebrated 10 nominees that marry style and sophistication while paving the way for more women in leadership.
Elle’s 2017 “Women in Washington” Nominees:
1) Judy Woodruff, Anchor and Managing Editor for PBS Newshour
2) Lisa Murkowski, U.S. Senator from Alaska
3) Rhe Suh, President of the Natural Resources Defense Council
4) Meighan Stone, Founder, and President of Malala Fund
5) Sarah Chamberlain, President, and CEO of Republican Main Street Partnership
6) Debra L. Lee, Chairman, and CEO of BET Networks
7) Jacquelyn Days Serwer, Chief Curator of the National Museum of African American History and Culture
8) Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Congresswoman from Florida’s 27th District and the first Latina to be elected to Congress
9) Patty Murray, U.S. Senator from Washington, D.C.
10) Katy Tur, Correspondent for NBC News
The event’s guest list was just as impressive and included guests like Viacom EVP of Government Affairs DeDe Lea, Ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba and his wife Abeer, CNN Chief Political Correspondent Dana Bash, Bernstein Family Foundation Executive Director Ami Aronson, President of the Center for American Progress Neera Tanden, and Washington Post fashion critic Robin Galvan. The guests were treated to a three-course meal provided by Fiola Mare’s Executive Chef Brinn Sinnott and some of the best people watching of the year.